Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Spot

Given that this week has thus far consisted of "cold call" emails begging for jobs, rejection emails, and multiple legal issues, I was really needing a pick-me-up yesterday. So I decided to experiment in the kitchen. Here is my original creation.

Cocoa Truffles
3/4 cup cocoa (I used Hershey's Unsweetened)
10 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup oil (I used pure olive oil)
2-3 tbsp milk

Combine cocoa and sugar. Gradually add oil. Mix very well then add milk 1 tbsp at a time. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. Chill in fridge for several hours (I put it in the freezer for two) until hardened. Shape into balls and roll in cocoa. Store in fridge.

I think a dash of cinnamon or vanilla would go well with these, eh? Anyhow, I'm enjoying them plenty as is. :)

Happy chocolate fix to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment