Sunday, June 28, 2009

On Mormons Et Al

For whatever reason, I've always been a magnet on the Mormon radar. Everywhere I've travelled, worked, etc., they've found me and given me the tap dance routine.

So I always wondered what it was about me that attracted that element. Did I look particularly alone and in turn vulnerable? A thinker (since I'm invariably lost in thought while taking public transpo)? And then this afternoon it hit me that's it's not me in particular. It's my essence.

What attracts Mormons and other evangelicals is precisely the innate holiness I carry within me, like all yiddin. It's that they pick up on and that they try to convert over to their side.

Sometimes, the answer is so obvious, and yet we just don't see it until it bangs us over the head...

No comments:

Post a Comment