Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vindication

When I woke up this morning, my hamentaschen high had definitely worn off, Shushan Purim or no Shushan Purim. Of course, I had no one to blame but myself for the crash; I tend to break up my hamentaschen and then eat as much filling as I can aka treat the dough as a container for the poppy seed. I eat soufganiyot the same way- eat the jelly, toss the dough.

I was feeling all sugar-crashed for most of the day, and kept remembering and then forgetting that my library books were due today. I had actually been meaning to renew them the last several days but kept getting sidetracked. Finally, at 5 PM, I told myself I better just hop to it already. So I logged in and sure enough, the books were due today. (And yes, these books are the same ones I received fines for in the last post. I have yet to get around to them, and project renewing them until after Shavuous.)

So, take that BPL! NO FINES FOR YOU! Or, to tally it up a different way:

The Yekki: SCORE
BPL: nada

And, for that little moment, life was just perfect. A most fitting anecdote for Shushan Purim, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment