Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bad News

Since I had a box of unopened Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, I decided to email the KLBD regarding whether the box was kosher l'Pesach year-round. Here was the response (they are amazingly quick, btw; I sent the email erev Shabbos! ).

Kosher.org.uk - Message From Website
From: Kosher Info (info@kosher.org.uk)
Dear ____

Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea is not Kosher for Pesach.

Kind regards

Michal

Michal Eder
Kashrut Researcher
Kashrut Division

The Really Jewish Food Guide 2009 is now available for purchase from Jewish
stores. With over 800 new products listed, and an improved and expanded
Medicines section, be sure to buy your copy.
Subscribe to receive email kosher alerts and notification of product updates
via our website www.kosher.org.uk.
Find us on Facebook, KLBD Kosher Direct. You will need a Facebook account to
join our group.

There you have it. I'll have to settle for Wizzotsky tea for me over Pesach, it seems. Unless someone knows where to find kosher l'Pesach Red Rose. Gosh, do I miss that brand. And please, don't even bother suggesting Lipton. I'll never forget the first time I drank a cup; I had the distinct feeling that I was drinking recycled tea. YUCK.



No comments:

Post a Comment