Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally

This weekend, I finally saw "Bend It Like Beckham". I really enjoyed it. I did have to ask myself though whether I would've sided so much with Jessminder's parents 10 years ago. :)

My favourite characters were actually the parents, specifically Jessminder's parents and Jules' father. And there were some incredibly funny bits. The all-around best line, imho?

"I've taught her full Indian dinner. Now the rest is up to G-d."

(Take that line and substitute Shabbos for Indian, and you could be portraying any Jewish mother.) So there you have it. A humourous, tznius film that deals with being different from the mainstream and trying to navigate your way. Definitely a theme relevant to yours truly's life, so I guess I now have a new Top 10-er for my list of movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment