Wednesday, February 4, 2009

You say volcano, I say mabul

Turns out the scientists may be starting to clue in on the fact that the mabul occurred. Not that they see it that way, mind you...

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/02/04/volcano-mass-extinction.html

But seriously, is it hard to transfer toxic gas caused by, hmmm, fire and lava, to the boiling water of the mabul? I can draw parallels, and it's been more than 2 decades since my last pure science course. And you'll note that the scientists attest to only a fraction (10%) of life having remained after the stated mass extinction. If you factor in all the ocean life, makes sense to me.

Maybe I should call up Discovery Channel and tell them a pass along to the researchers a short chapter they should read sometime. Sure would save them a whole lot of time and effort. In these economic times though, one shouldn't cause entire projects to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment