Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ahhh-choo!

Not being a Mom yet, I'm unfamiliar with which symptoms you assign to flu versus cold versus strep throat, etc. So I attributed my feeling under the weather this past week to allergies, what with the weather being rather spring-like as of late. But then I went to see my friend before havdalah, and she mentioned to me that I might have an infection.

Infection, I thought. How could I have gotten an infection? I barely leave my house, and the past two weeks I've had my windows open. What gives? But sure enough, once Shabbos was over, I checked my symptoms, and BINGO! Looks like I actually have a sinus infection.

Those of you who have read my previous rants on my medical care are already familiar with the fact that, prior to my immigrating to the US, I didn't have a problem with going to doctors. But for the last decade, I have avoided going at all costs- literally. I just find the entire system way too fast, focussed on pills versus prevention, and the billing headaches are just the icing on the cake.

But an infection is an infection. So I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and make an appointment to see my GP this week. Sigh. At least by going I'll become familiar with whatever snafus exist with my current health care plan, chasve shalom. What can I say? Life isn't supposed to be easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment