Thursday, April 30, 2009

News on the Job Front

From nowhere Monday morning, I get an email informing me that my project is going on hiatus and as of today or Friday (I have yet to learn which), I will find myself unemployed. Since my contract was supposedly running until July, to say this came as a surprise would be putting it mildly. To add insult to injury, they aren't providing enough work to bill full days. So my final week of employment will on wind up being a partial week, despite waiting for hours at a time for documents and then being whipped through in an hour by the managers. SIGH.

What is most disconcerting about the news is the nefarious way they handled notifying us. Or rather, NOT. I am quite positive that they have known of this reality for at least several weeks, and deliberately gave us short notice in order to retain our services until the end. Especially in light of this week's workload. As for the project manager, it took her until after 5 PM today to respond to my email/phone call asking for clarification on the situation. Do you think the email she sent illuminated anything? That's a negative, Roger.

I know these are the times we live in, but it's all quite disgraceful, imho. Here's to hoping that I'll be able to procure alternate employment speedily, bli ayin hara and bezrat Hashem. To quote my friend Limor, 1 door closes and 10 opens (you see Limor, I got it right this time!)...

1 comment:

  1. That is just not cool. I hate when they do that - use you while they can and then simply discard.

    ReplyDelete