Friday, April 3, 2009

Bueller? Bueller?

I was in line this evening trying to buy a few yogurts (I've been starving all day long, but between working and cleaning, who has time to eat?) when Hashem threw me a bone. I found myself in the checkout line at Moisha's by the nice store manager. I figured I should seize the opportunity and asked when they're expecting to receive more boxes of machine spelt matzah. To which he replied, "There is no more to be had". As in, all the Pesach producers are sold out of product. For all products!

So, if you go to the shop and they don't have what you want, don't expect to find it during chol hamoed. It would seem that because of the economy, producers were frugal with their numbers. As for me, Pesach is going to be very interesting indeed this year without my spelt matzah stash.

Please pass along any sightings you may have of those golden spelt boxes in your travels. I'm going to start calling around (Pomegranate anyone?) come morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment