Thursday, July 16, 2009

PB?

I think not.

Last Shabbos lunch, for some reason that I missed, the conversation turned to all things peanut butter flavoured. To my shock and horror, many people around the table are not fans. True, I go through phases with the stuff, and it wasn't exactly a staple in my diet growing up, but still- how can anyone have a problem with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? That just blows my mind.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking about my recent slew of truffle experiments (last week's was throwing in Starbuck's liqueur for good measure), and I thought I might try adding peanut butter to the mix. I used to make chocolate peanut butter balls for a snack on Shabbos, and figured why not fiddle with my truffle recipe to produce homemade peanut butter cups? So while I was at ShopRite this week, I picked up a whipped peanut butter that was on sale (Peter Pan, if anyone hasn't finished their shopping yet). I assumed whipped would add a nice texture to the dessert; I'm generally more of an old-fashioned lover.

People, stay away from this whipped nonsense! Lousy texture. Barely existent peanut butter flavour. I would never buy it again, no matter what the sale price. So here's to hoping that I devise a recipe that well get rid of the whole jar, pronto. Consider yourselves forewarned!

1 comment: