Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gossip Girl Moment

When thinking about the song a la my Little Bo Peep post, it occurs to me that I have had a Gossip Girl moment not once, but twice this week. For the uninitiated, the show centres around a bunch of frenemies, who text message a lot and follow their group's going-ons courtesy of the blog run by an anonymous insider, Gossip Girl. So what made my moments GG-worthy?

First, I had been unclear as to what a frenemy is until this week. Conceptually speaking, I understood that it's someone with whom you have an on-again, off-again relationship. Much like the one summed up so succinctly in the Katy Perry song. But this week, it occurred to me that I am unfortunately well-versed in "friends"' who are back-stabbing Bs one minute, then sweet as pie in a heart-beat when they need something. Guess I was in just plain in denial. (Having become enlightened however, I make sure to mentally label the stated parties appropriately going forward...)

Next, I officially turned back the clock and re-entered teenage-dom. No, I did not find an elixir to rid my wrinkles or rejuvenate my ever-increasing crop of greying hair. What was the undeniable indicator of the cross-over? I actually uttered "OMG". OUT. LOUD.

In short, people, I think I'm long overdue for a vacation...In case that wasn't blatantly obvious already...

2 comments: