Monday, August 11, 2008

Quick Takes

It's almost chatzot, which means my day can now go into overdrive with all of the laundry, etc. that I was waiting the last week to do. As I'm sure most of you have too.

Just a few things to note before the onslaught of chores:
  • A most heartfelt Mazel Tov to my dear friends who just became grandparents for the first time! Their granddaughter was born this past Thursday in Canada to their son Shmueli and daughter-in-law Shir. Just in time for their one year anniversary! It makes my ears tear up, I tell you. Especially since there's now a new Canadian in the world. ;=)
  • Shabbos night, I found my new calling. While discussing over dinner how my friends might pack up 10 lbs of chocolate in their carry-on to deliver to their children in Eretz Yisroel, I discovered that some Yeshivish types on eat chocolate if a chocolate run has been made on the machine prior to production.
  • Shabbos day, I met a new family over lunch at some friends of ours. While discussing the shul that our husbands go to, we found out that we three wives shared the same reasons for reacting adversely to the given shul. The men suggested that we start our own little group, and you know, given that we seem to be kindred spirits, they may just be onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment