Monday, November 9, 2009

Poppy Pin (Cont)

For those of you who are unfamiliar with my reference to observing Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth, Wikipedia happens to have an excellent article on the topic.

Last week I was telling my friend back in Canada that I must really be homesick, because I have yet to get to the Canadian Consulate to buy a poppy pin. And I actually started crying over the fact. You could practically hear her roll her eyes when she told me that she would mail me a pin if she gets a chance. I'm now officially pathetic, lol.

It's good to have friends. Anyhow, if I happen to still be in the States come Memorial Day, it would seem that the VA for Foreign Wars sells poppy pins in May. I should mention that when I called VAF this week regarding buying a pin, I was pleased to learn that the office sells every last pin they are issued in May. Now that's patriotism and respect for those who serve their country and, by extension, the world.

Makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment