Wednesday, June 18, 2008

LA!

You know, almost as soon as we got married, I mentioned to my husband that we should move to LA. I hear the community there is fantastic, and of course, it's Hollywood Central, which suits us both. If you knew my husband, you would be less than shocked to hear that my occasional mentions that the move would be good for us fell on deaf ears. As far as my D.H. is concerned, the only move we should be making is "back" to Eretz Yisroel (which FYI is a generous use of the "royal we", since I have never even visited there). Forget about reminding him that LA is full of Israelis...

Imagine my shock the day before yesterday, when he informed me that he was applying to a position in the Metro LA area. Needless to say, I was thrilled. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that despite his not having interviewed yet, I've already bookmarked a bunch of frummie LA sites, and am reading up on all the goings on. In short, I find just the thought of the whole thing sublime. Having lived in Ontario and Quebec, as well as out in BC, I always considered myself more of an Easterner. Living in Vancouver, I just didn't get the whole vibe, although there was much that I appreciated about life out there: year-round outdoor activities in a comfortable climate, the topography, the wide variety of organic food, etc. In other words, it appealed to the granola head in me!

So even I am rather amused by my inappropriately enthusiastic reaction to his jockeying for an interview. As they say though, "Change your place, change your mazel".To which I respond with a most hearty Amen. I will of course keep charting our progress in what I have now dubbed "Project LA".

No comments:

Post a Comment