Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ginger Ale

I got a call from our legal assistant yesterday, who informed me that I still have enough to cover another emergency room visit, LOL. Actually, what she told me was the amount I have left under no fault; I did the math myself, calculating for Brooklyn as opposed to Manhattan rates, so to speak. She also called to inform me that she is diligently combing around to find me a gastro. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the way I've been feeling the last two weeks, she'll probably find a gastro for me after I wind up in the emergency room again, chasve shalom.

To put it bluntly, I've been feeling lousy. Nothing I eat, drink, or do to clear out whatever is built up in my digestive tract is granting me relief. Which is not to say that I'm complaining. Heck, I narrowly missed procedures that would have required me to use a colostomy the rest of my life, Baruch Hashem. But try as I might, i.e. deny as I may, there is always the chance that I have another obstruction forming. Then again, with all the aggravation I've been having at work, maybe it's just my ulcer acting out...

On the PLUS side of things, I've made a wonderful discovery: Green Tea Ginger Ale. Yes, I too was skeptical at first: green tea and ginger is a natural pairing, but mixing green tea into ginger ale? Fizzy green tea? Yeah, right. Well, excuse me as I reach down for some dirt to eat. Because let me tell you, this stuff rocks. Amazingly tasty. So, try a bottle of i this next Shabbos. You'll be happy you did.

And now, you'll excuse me as I go sip yet another cup.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment