Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where's the Heat?

Can someone refresh my memory regarding the heat by-law? Is it when the temperature is below 50 F at night and/or after October 15 that the landlord must provide heat?

All I know is that it's dang freezing in my sad little abode. (And please refrain from the "But you're Canadian" comments!) Back in my fair land (and it is beautiful folks, I should post some pics...), landlords get serious penalties for denying heat. After all, there it's a matter of life or death.

Anyhow, a reminder would be most appreciated. This way I know what to state when I call my landlord's brother, aka my landlord's substitute in lieu of both my landlord and his father being in Israel for Sukkot...Aside from "Just turn the heat on already", that is. :)

3 comments:

  1. "Back in my fair land... landlords get serious penalties for denying heat. After all, there it's a matter of life or death."
    Call 311.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, call 311. Or just move next door already while it's available. Here, even if it's cold, since you don't pay for gas or electricity you can heat yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moshe, believe me, I'm planning on moving. I'm just waiting until after Yom Tov, when my friends are going to start giving me their Pomegranate boxes etc. Then I can begin repacking...

    ReplyDelete